Saturday, October 04, 2014

I'm Off--

     Probably way off, but that's not how I meant it.  I'm off to an early-morning radio thing.  Details and maybe even photos may follow.

     I need something kind of non-work-related; I have worked all or part of the last two weekends in a row.  Nice to have the work, not so nice to lose the time.  (On the other hand, they laid four people off last week, so complaining would be particularly insensitive just now.  Too much work definitely beats no work!)

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

That it does! :-) Paychecks are nice...

waepnedmann said...

I grew up in a home where work was almost a sacrament.
Work that produced income was a sacrament.
It has formed my thinking to the point where, even as a young person, I was known to be peevish and correct the errant soul who would comment that, "I have to work today."
I would correct them by saying, "No. You get to work today."
The old Protestent Work Ethic runs deep.
I look forward to the rain when I can sit by the fire and read without guilt nibbling at the corners of my consciousness.