Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Uh-Oh: H. L. Mencken is dead, Samuel Clemens Is Dead, Tam Is Sick And Me, I Ain't Exactly 100% Either

     I don't know what she's got but it arrived after days of a dry cough and had turned into a nastily-sore throat by last night.  Trying to play nursemaid this morning, I offered oatmeal ("Um, no.") and the bacon and runny-yolked eggs I made instead, having mistaken a lack of interest in breakfast at all for a lack of interest in cooked rolled oats, was greeted with a skeptical eye.  (In a spirit of helpfulness, I voluntarily reduced the amount of bacon she would have to eat -- I'm a public benefactrix, I am.)

     She's back on the living-room couch, suffering quietly, and I'll be needing to empty the dishwasher before I hit the shower, and thus, my friends, thus I must depart post-hastily. 

15 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Brave of you to reduce her bacon like that.

JPD said...

We are all impressed with your commitment to preserving the worlds bacon supply.

Thank you.

The Bacon Preservation League of America will be making contact soon to assist in allocating your bacon supplies.

Cincinnatus said...

Its that kind of week.

Anonymous said...

Sh recently flew, right?

EBOLA!!!!!

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

New strain of Ebola. Super-Ebola. Scientists will probably classify it as Ebola-Tamara.

Hey! Famous!

Kristophr said...

Why did I know the ebola jokes would come out?

Jennifer said...

Awe. Take care. Noble of you to handle the bacon for her.
Take care of yourself too

Tango Juliet said...

Air travel is a great way to get the latest strain of the flu.

Paul said...

Oh boy. Hope you are all healthy again soonest.

Anonymous said...

http://www.paratusfamiliablog.com/2014/09/best-cough-syrup-ever.html

Roberta X said...

I imagine we're both effectively dead already. But hey -- it's been fun, hasn't it?

Anonymous said...

Rolled oats in an acquired taste. While everyone loves bacon.

Roberta X said...

Everyone?

NAVIGATOR said...

"START AN IV RINGERS LACTATE..."

rickn8or said...

"I imagine we're both effectively dead already. But hey -- it's been fun, hasn't it?"

Noooooo! I don't wanna live in a Bobbie- and Tam-less world!!

Both of you need to get well soonest.

Have either of you considered the services of a Trained Medical Professional?

And what Tango Juliet said about air travel...