Thursday, March 27, 2008

We Sprung Mom X

...Sprung her from hospital yesterday (and by "we," I mean my siblings, as I am pretty much stuck with work and long hours at present -- not happy about that but it is the nature of The Beast).

She'll be on the high-end anti-coagulants for a spell yet -- some of which combine expense and inconvenience in wholly new ways. She points out that this is infinitely better than the real-world alternative, which would be "none."

Her little dog -- supposedly a miniature doberman, though it's more like a black and brown beach ball with legs -- took to her bed and refused to eat the whole time she was away.

My thanks and Mom's as well for the kind thoughts and prayers. She's sounding really good and the docs are confident matters are under control.

8 comments:

Jeffro said...

Good to hear that. Ahhh, the joys of rat poison, Plavix and aspirin. Wheee.

Turk Turon said...

It's great that she's doing so well!

phlegmfatale said...

Okay, I retract my last statement in that the pleasures of potty-mouthed women are at least matched by the love and devotion of a good doggie, beach-ball-shaped or not. I'm glad your mom had such a devoted companion to come home to, and I'm relieved to hear she's back home so soon. :)

Tango Juliet said...

Good news!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it.

Ride Fast said...

Congratulations to your mom and her beach ball dog!

BobG said...

Glad she is feeling better. I found out (the hard way)that those anti-coagulants sometimes means that anytime you bump yourself you can get an amazing technicolor bruise, so don't be too alarmed if that happens.

Anonymous said...

Good news all around!

Let's hope this is the last time for a good long while, eh?