Monday, January 18, 2010

Damp Undies At The Paper

The bills to keep private the personal data of Hoosiers who have a License To Carry Handgun have got the bedwetting douchebags at the Indy [Red] Star whining loud and long.

Or, as they put it, when they started publishing data about permit-holders, "We had hoped for a different reaction from the legislature." Yes, and no doubt hoped us pore, ignert serfs would just stand there and take it like dumb beasts. Guess again!

He tries to mealymouth his way through it with, "When it serves the cause of responsible gun ownership and public safety, the First Amendment value exceeds the Second Amendment cost."

Translation: Because I have a carry permit, Dennis Ryerson thinks he and his minions should be allowed to dig through my underwear drawer whenever they'd like. Wrong!

You're not the boss of me. You're not the boss of us.

(Also: "Second Amendment cost?" Geez, what's the price of me not being raped and left for dead? It's a tough world and I'd like to at least have a chance to fight back).

4 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

If newspapers were to get back to what they're supposed to do -- report the news without bias -- I'll bet their bottom line would start to look a little more rosy.

On the other hand, it's damn hard to regain the public's trust once you lose it.

Stranger said...

Gannet fishwrapper. Al Neuharth and his mindless minions have a hard time comprehending the fact that the First Amendment "Rights" (most, like the "freedom of peaceable assembly" are privileges) must be maintained by force.

If the people were not granted the express right and implicit duty to maintain themselves in a state of armed readiness, freedom of the press would have lasted until the Founders were superannuated.

But of course, the extreme left expects criminals to obey the law. It's only the law abiding citizenry they fear. I suspect with good reason.

Stranger

staghounds said...

Use your spell checker, it's ignerNt.

John B said...

first amendment vs. second.

The 100 million gun owners haven't tried en-masse to enslave everyone who fails to toe their party line.

The Mainstream Media actually has.

If I'm given a choice between their right to brand me a child-molester, and my right to defend my self and my family from robbery, rape, and murder...

I prefer An Amercan Carol, and The Boondock Saints, to The Indy Star, and Avatar...