Thursday, January 07, 2010

Snow Day

She keeps telling me she moved up here for the "charming" snow and not just the cheap rent on my cozy attic. If so, Tam wins the day with this: But I win the morning with this!Country ham (from my roomie's stash), sliced potatoes fried in leftover bacon grease with this and that, scrambled eggs with a touch of grilled onion, some radishes for color and vitamins and a nice cuppa coffee. All the better with snow skirling 'round the ridgepoles!

(Elizabeth Moon's The Speed Of Dark on the breakfast tray. Just finished it today. An excellent book, very different from most of her work).

...I may post some BlogMeet/BlogShoot photos later. Stay tuned.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speed of Dark is a great book.

Joanna said...

Dang-o, that's a fine breakfast. My daily fried egg would feel inadequate but for the homemade bread I use to make buttered toast every morning. Baking is a very useful hobby.

If Tam thinks the snow is so charming, do you think she'd come shovel out my driveway?

B said...

yer breakfast would be better with some of the 10 year old white cheddar tha I have here in front of me....Sharp, crumbly, and oh so delish....

WV: Impode.... Brings all sorts of stuff to mind, doesn't it?

Turk Turon said...

All I had was oatmeal, orange juice and coffee.

Anonymous said...

I'd totally shovel the sidewalk for a breakfast like that.

Jim

Anonymous said...

Pssst. Just sayin'. Ya forgot the grits. And there seems to be some strange foreign substance in the coffee.

Ok, Ok, I've done both before myself. I manufactured an awkward moment, to see how it felt. :)

Roberta X said...

I take cream and sugar in my coffee. I learned it from my Dad. Aside from the delightful taste, it's something he could and I can afford to do, a small luxury. Not everyone sees it that way.

Grits, grits, I've hard of those. But with taters? Naw. (Soothly, I grew up eating Coco Wheats -- with milk and brown sugar, yum! -- and later graduated to Ralston and Cream of Wheat; anymore, classic Quaker Oats are my most-common breakfast. This far North, grits is uncommon, even in Indiana)

Justthisguy said...

Oh yeah on Moon. Can't stand her other stuff. I got right into Speed of Dark. Figures. I was angry at the Hero Protagonist for taking the cure.

The SCA fencing part rings true, though. Back when I used to read A.S.A it seemed like every autie on the planet attended that, and/or Renn/Faires. SF cons, well, goes without sayin'.