Tuesday, February 08, 2011

New Door Handle

In my car -- installed it the other day at lunch. I had broken the inside driver's side door handle one day when the door was frozen and I...tried to push it from the inside. The lock still worked but not the door-unlatching part.

The new one is a Taiwanese copy ($20.00 from Amazon!), shiny black where the old one was matte gray (both mostly plastic). Installation took all of ten minutes and it works like a champ.

Oooo, I'm livin' like the rich folk now! Don't even have to roll down the window to open my car door.

4 comments:

USCitizen said...

Congrats on the new handle and living the life of the rich folks!

Alan said...

Now you're just gonna get spoiled.

Tango Juliet said...

Since I'm still on a Heinlein kick, this seems appropriate:

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -- Lazarus Long in Time Enough For Love by Robert A. Heinlein

ViolentIndifference said...

TJ: I like your kick!