Sunday, August 19, 2012

State Of...

Meanwhile on the other coast, up around the Bay, they have water temples and quaint little countryside nuke plants, in some cases within an easy motorcycle ride of one another.

I swan, when I was young and read sword'n'spaceship yarns, I thought it was all implausible bilge, Roman Empire crossed with Vikings an' they all had pocket computers and neutron bombs; any more, it looks like the many writers who wrote such things, Californian by birth or by U-haul, were merely being selectively factual about the real world.

Still not tempted to live there.

5 comments:

JC said...

"by birth or by U-haul"

Love that line. I hereby notify you of my intent to steal it and use it. Pardon me, I mean "I intend to make it a meme, and to credit the lovely and talented Miss Ekcs on every use.

jed said...

That looks like it could be the set for the Star Trek episode where they meet Apollo. It isn't, but it would've worked.

Anonymous said...

In the first picture it looks like the location where the Mythbusters tested their giant repeating crossbow.

Cincinnatus said...

Born, raised, and spent 3/4trs of my life in California.

Happier out of it. Failed state.

Roberta X said...

Yes, but very pretty.