Friday, November 08, 2013

Blank...

    I had something in mind to write when I woke up, but it's gone.  Tam is back to her usual self, at least, and had a pot of coffee made before I was even out of my warm nest.  (Where I had cats sleeping on me most of the night.  Since my old cats slept on or near me most of their lives -- Janie and Slinky were particularly convinced I was a piece of furniture -- this made for an especially restful night. Spend 15+ years with cats who sleep on you, warm purring comforters, and you miss them very badly when they're gone.)

     Now Rannie is jumping up on my desk (breakfast is over, so she's allowed -- if she's good) and complaining bitterly when I have the effrontery to actually pet her.  She hopped back to the floor and I held out a hand; she smoothed in my fingers a couple if times, then tried a gentle, experimental bite before concluding that actually biting one of the food-monkeys might not be in her best interest.

     Back to what passes for normal around here.

4 comments:

Able said...

I .... can't remember what I was going to say but it was definitely witty, urbane, incisive, topical and relevant.

At least I have the excuse of age, what's yours?

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Insert pithy comment here.

Gewehr98 said...

I've learned over the years that both cats *and* dogs are very efficient at converting food into heat. Sometimes too efficient... :)

rms/pa said...

i am often reminded of the quote "of all thr things i miss getting older. i miss my mind the most,"

rms/pa