- Exploring a honkin' huge gun show with Tam, Shootin' Buddy, Frank W. James* and Caleb.
- Sitting outside in the sun on the steps of another of the huge buildings at the fairgrounds, field-stripping a new Sistema Colt 1911A1 and nobody panics, freaks out, or even gives more than a passing glance. Perfectly ordinary sight.
- UPDATE: Also, before and after the above, I was reading Michael Z. Williamson's brand-new novel, Contact With Chaos, purchased from and autographed by the man himself, minutes before. That's two Amendments, right there!
- Sunday, the Data Viking and I took a small sample of the Indy Parks system: shooting in the morning at the Eagle Creek Park public range (I shot Shootin' Buddy's silenced Ruger 22/45-based "staplegun," 4 mags, yayy!), across town in the afternoon to explore Garfield Park: Conservatory, Sunken Garden, Victorian Pagoda and Art Center. The last was an entirely unexpected surprise, a big and not especially well-marked building perched at the brow of a hill. Turns it it's the old 1930s poolhouse (the swimming pool long since relocated), formerly the home of a basketball court, dancing bears and sundry other oddiments, and now a nifty art center with all manner of activities, even a small recording studio space! As we walked up to it, a door opened and one of the Parks workers popped out, told us what the building was and invited us in. Better than a sign!
- Dinner at Brigid's with friends. If I could cook that well, I'd never leave the house. Well, other than to go to the grocer's.
* Hie thyself to Frank's blog and read his inside info about egg-farming.
BUILDING A 1:1 BALUN
6 months ago