Sunday, September 14, 2014

In Which I Am Successfully Marketed To

    I was still a little discombobbiulated Saturday morning and managed to leave the house without my usual watch and pocketknives.  (Not to worry, I had the Leatherman on my belt!)

     This resulted in my looking at knives at the Tri-State Gun Show and lo, the Kershaw "SelectFire" #1920 caught my eye.  Somewhat silly name aside, you could hardly find a pocketknife more suited to the geeky/tech-y set:
      Nice blade -- of course -- and a flip-out 1/4 hex diver that accepts standard bits, four of them already on board in spring-loaded holders, two straight blade...
     ...and two Philips.  Along with inch and metric rules and a bottle opener.  (The bottle-opened cutout allows the bit holder to fit flush when stowed -- it has very positive detents at open, closed and 90 degrees.)  At the normal 10% off, I could hardly pass it up.  It is made overseas, so that may be an issue for some buyers.  It's a good knife, I have found Kershaw's product support to be outstanding and that added up to me buying one. 

3 comments:

Bob said...

I recently purchased a multi-tool from Cattleman Cutlery that features spring-loaded pliers, crescent-style wrench, knife blade and three bits (2 straight, one phillips). It's pretty nice.

Old NFO said...

Nice, if odd, little setup... :-)

Cincinnatus said...

Ooooooo, got to have.