Monday, September 22, 2014

Sunday Lunch

     Or maybe it was dinner -- I went to bed soon after, having worked a super-early shift.  The Mexican Pulled Chicken Sandwich at Twenty Tap, which uses a nice, spicy mole sauce rather than barbecue.
     It was delicious and spicy indeed.  I should have eaten more of my fries -- in an hour or so, the chicken and the mole got together and raised a ruckus that antacid barely quieted.

     Would I have it again?  I would; it just needs a little more buffering. Maybe a bit more guacamole, too.

6 comments:

Drang said...

No title... I've done that, too.

Cincinnatus said...

Damn that looks good. Now I'm hungry.

Old NFO said...

Guac works wonders... :-)

DJ9 said...

Details, plz. How much mole sauce do you get per mole? Do they use a press, a wringer, or some kind of juicer to get the sauce? And finally, are these long-term/deep-cover human moles, or dig-in-the-ground-type varmints? I suppose they could be both...

Seriously: I've never heard of mole sauce.

Yes, I live in a cave, but it's a pretty nice one, thanks for asking... :-)

Drang said...

"Moh-lay". :-)

Roberta X said...

I was on the Surface and it's short on accented characters. Why the title didn't take, I don't know.

It's pronounced "moh-lay," and it's deep red and hot, often with a hint of unsweetened chocolate (!). It may be as close to Mayan cocoa as we're ever likely to taste. Let me just say those folks apparently had cast-iron throats.

But the name will always me thinking of some bunch of nearsighted, burrowing creature, patiently brewing a spicy sauce from things scavenged in their travels, chuckling as they peer at the bubbling cauldron through thick-lensed, mole-sized eyeglasses, "Wait'll they taste this! Oh, we'll show 'em." I suppose I live in a vivid and somewhat askew world.