Friday, September 05, 2014

It's Funny, But...

     Rannie Wu the cat will haunt the kitchen while I am cooking, getting herself underfoot and swearing at me.  She wants a sample, or better yet, a little saucer with some olive oil in it, and other than distracting her with tasties, the only way to get her to leave is to ignore her begging, sidestepping so deftly that she never gets an excuse to say crabby little cat-utterances or take a swipe at your ankles.  If she gets any attention at all, no matter how negative, she will stick around.

     The situation gives me the darnedest tip-of-the-tongue sensation.  It just seems so familiar....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Familiar: Even negative attention is better than no attention.

fast richard said...

I got a chuckle out of the comparison. Tip of the tongue indeed.

eriko said...

If you have not already the book "The Gift of Fear" is a very interesting read.

BGMiller said...

But the cat at least provides some value for the occasional annoyance.

And this is coming from a dog person.


BGM

Jennifer said...

I see what you did there...

Anonymous said...

Olive oil? Have to try that!
The alternative-reality-dwelling Siamese (that's redundant; ain't they all?) just wants her fish-flavored hairball paste; the deadly-to-anything tom (yes, he's that aggressive, that's why I haven't shot him yet, but I'm always considering) just wants--well, to be in the way.
I really wouldn't have thought of olive oil in 1k millenia.
--Tennessee Budd