Saturday, July 15, 2017

I Ain't Been Got Yet

     Just a quick note, I am still around, but today is being consumed by a massive power-cutover project at work: we're getting a big, shiny-new UPS!

     I turns out there are many (the engineering "many:" "more than ten.". We run out of fingers) devices that should have had dual power supplies that don't -- and other with both power supplies n the same breaker.  This has bee, shall we say, "bracing."

     They just stood us down for lunch.  My peers and I will be back at it shortly, heaven help us.  --Oh, by the way?  The UPS guy is having software problems,  So this could be even more fun, later!

2 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

One of the big Eaton UPSes? (Or whatever the company is called, now; we had one in the old office, but we moved several years ago and didn't replace it, since we virtualized most of our servers, so I don't keep up on that anymore.)

Roberta X said...

I don't know; I haven't even seen the new one. We had a mixture of Eaton and Leibert; I don't trust the latter at all, having at least twice been involved in major incidents in which a Leibert UPS failed without bypassing itself, totally off, kaput.