Monday, June 18, 2018

And It's Physical Therapy Again!

     My goodness, am I having fun yet? 

     Picked up some clothes for PT yesterday, much to the amusement of Tamara -- I was looking for opaque tights and she kept pointing me to some heavier spandex leggings on hangars.  Described what I was looking for and she sighed, "Oh, sure, they're right next to the leg warmers, in the 1980s."

     Not entirely true.  We eventually discovered even the big-box store has tights -- in your choice of black or black.  All right, then, black tights it is, just like I was a Theater student, though I was hoping for bright colors not found in Nature outside the Tropics. 

5 comments:

pigpen51 said...

I have following your plight, with much interest, as my wife is also suffering from bad knees and hip joints. They had been going to replace one of her knees, but last fall, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. So she went through chemo and then surgery. Now she is going through radiation. In between the chemo and surgery, she fell and broke a bone in her back, and had to have a surgery on it. Yet we remain positive, as she is continuing on a positive direction toward recovery.
It can be difficult sometimes when going through tough things, but if you keep the positive ending in mind, you can get through almost anything.

Old NFO said...

Good luck with the rehab. It's a pain, but it DOES work in the long run!

Anonymous said...

"Old age is not for the faint of heart" Don't remember who said that, but my father quoted it all the time.

Roberta X said...

Anon: True.

Old NFO, thank you!

Pigpen51, thank you, too, and please share my wishes for her speedy recovery with your wife. That's a lot to have to deal with -- we're lucky to live in a time when it can be treated but it's still a long, slow road.

pigpen51 said...

Thanks, Roberta X,
I keep seeing where Cancer treatment is seemingly being on the cusp of a huge break through, with biological treatments. It is especially heartening to see for breast cancer, where it has come further than for many other types of cancer. We are indeed lucky to see the medical break throughs. My wife had a compression fracture in her back. They just used a balloon and pushed it back up, then pumped a cement in and it set up and stabilized it. I broke my back in a car wreck in 1980, with 2 bones breaking off, and they didn't have this. So they just left them, and now I have trouble with my back. There are so many intelligent people in the world whose work keeps building on the backs of each other in all fields, in 100 years, one would not recognize this planet, I suspect.