Saturday, March 02, 2013

Hey-- Penalize Enemies, Not Friends

     When you run Magpul, you'll get to decide their specific policies.  These are the guys prioritizing pre-ban mags for Coloradans, and (AFAIK) leaving the state over the draconian new laws.  Fine, fine, they'll sell banned-to-non-police gear to individual officers in those unfriendly states; it's a judgement call.  I do not see it as a deal-breaker.

     You don't like it?  I'm not thrilled myself; but two big attaboys are not cancelled by one middlin'-small awsh!t.  Take what we can get and keep movin', there's bigger fish who need to be feeling the heat.

     (See Comments for a very nice statement from Magpul outlining the policy in detail.)

9 comments:

Comrade Misfit said...

"A thousand 'attaboys' are canceled out by one 'you dumb shit'."-- old USN saying.

jed said...

Hadn't heard a big kerfuffle re. Magpul.Which doesn't surprise me, as I don't hang out where such things are likely to get the most attention. As a CO resident, I'm pretty tickled at their purchase program, but mighty irritated at our legislature, and the prospect of Magpul pulling up stakes and leaving.

Roberta X said...

E.B. -- So I'm told, but I do not think it to be always true.

jed said...

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

https://www.facebook.com/magpul/posts/566578336687853

pdb said...

I do wonder how many of the puritans bellyaching about Magpul have taken more concrete action like emailing, phoning or writing their Senators and Congresscritters, or donating to the NRA-ILA.

Sean D Sorrentino said...

Why is anyone upset about their new policy? I like their new policy, and I was one bitching about their previous policy. I had a commenter piss and moan about it and I just don't see it. I'm happy MagPul is where they are right now.

Tam said...

pdb,

"I do wonder how many of the puritans bellyaching about Magpul have taken more concrete action like emailing, phoning or writing their Senators and Congresscritters, or donating to the NRA-ILA."

These are the same people who think the NRA is a bunch of gun-grabbers.

Robert Fowler said...

pdb, I haven't complained about Magpul. My fingers are raw from all of the e-mails I have sent to Reps and Senators.

We are in for a long drawn out fight. I'm glad Iowa hasn't had the influx of Kommifornians like Colorado has. It's bad enough with the bunch of liberal asshats we have without that.

Cincinnatus said...

I'm in Colorado. Magpul have been showing up at legislature hearings big time. They are heroes to me.