Monday, March 25, 2013

Steak For Breakfast -- Again

     Tamara had picked up a couple of massive filets for Sunday; I made them for brunch but split mine and saved one half for later.

     This morning was "later."  I got the thing out, look one look at it and realized it was so thick it could be split again, resulting in two 3/4" thick "breakfast steaks."  Add a slice of bacon, an egg, toast and coffee, and there's breakfast enough to face what looks to me like over 6" of snow on the ground -- and still falling, gentle now but they're promising (threatening?) more intensity later.

5 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

We have some lovely ribeyes in the refrigerator, but unfortunately they aren't on my list of Weight Watchers acceptable breakfast foods.

Bacon, on the other hand, is.

Stay safe :)

NAVIGATOR said...

UNDER THE BROILER OR IN A CAST IRON SKILLET ?

J.R.Shirley said...

Mmm. I never tell my stomach was time it is. :-)

ROBERTA X said...

All cooked on the same non stick griddle -- don't think ill of me, time is of the essence in the morning @ Roseholme Cottage!

Windy Wilson said...

I think I prefer steaks in the 3/4 to 5/4 inch range anyway, so guess what's now on tomorrow's shopping list?