Sunday, March 31, 2013

Economics Made Animated

     John Law (there was a real John Law?  Who knew!) and the Mississippi Bubble.

     (May not work.  If not, follow the link.)

     Relatedly: Eric S. Raymond on why he doesn't blog about politics very often these days: "The big-state system is like Coyote run off a cliff, frantically windmilling its legs in the air. The moment it looks down it’s going to fall, long and hard. Nothing I could write is going to make any difference to that outcome, any more."

     Ouch.

     (Unrelatedly: I swan, this year I will make time to visit General Lew Wallace's study.  How could one live so close and not?)

5 comments:

Dave H said...

Yes, there is a real John Law. He was sheriff of Athens County, Ohio when I was in school.

(P.S. I'm going to start using Captcha challenges as alien names in my SF novels. These are too good to waste.)

NAVIGATOR said...

ROBERTA !

MAY WE HAVE A FULL REPORT ON YOUR PENDING VISIT TO GEN WALLACE S STUDY
MUSEUM AND GROUNDS ?

Roberta X said...

I think it will be a more interesting report after.

Old NFO said...

Those are sad pieces of information... Sigh

Dwight Brown said...

As a Libertarian, I don't believe a national film board is a legitimate function of government.

As a person, I'm absolutely delighted that the NFB of Canada exists, and that you can watch things like this and ProjectGrizzly online.