Thursday, February 05, 2009

I Got Nothing

Yeah, blank. I'd found a real bedwetting "what about the poor and elderly?" hum-dinger in favor of the DTV transition delay but it's moot now -- Congress passed it, the President's going to sign it and there it is. As for the poor and elderly, you've got four months to save up for that 54" plasma HDTV so you'd better start skippin' lunch now. Er, those of you who hadn't had to give up on lunches already, anyway.

Help me out here -- I don't remember my Dad talkin' about getting his starter TV for free, and he worked for RCA. So how come...?

Sure wish there was something good to watch on the radio. At least there's always a good book!

5 comments:

KurtP said...

Wally-world has those converter boxes for about $40.
Why they're on sale in Hondo, Tx (where there is only one over the air channel) is beyond me.

$40,,,,that's about the price of one of those sub-woofers that shake your house, isn't it?

Mr. Fixit said...

Oh, there's always a good book. I can't help but think every time I walk into the Library "I don't have enough time".

I wish at least there were some good radio programs on.

Mr Fixit

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I'm watching the WWII vets in my neighborhood. If their health looks like it is flagging after the transition, I'll step in and drive them to Best Buy or somesuch. It's the neighborly thing to do. I already keep their dial-up email alive.

Rob K said...

So you have to keep the old star-drive cooking for another four months?

About now, I can't think of anything the fed.gov does that I approve.

BobG said...

"As for the poor and elderly, you've got four months to save up for that 54" plasma HDTV so you'd better start skippin' lunch now."

I thought Obama was going to give those out for free, along with gasoline and health insurance?