Saturday, January 25, 2014

OMG, 0400?

     There's such a thing as an 0400?  I thought it was just a legend!

     As it turns out, I'm not the only special little snowflake who has been ill recently; this morning, I'm on standby for another tech who was out all week.  Seems he was just certain he could be in this morning -- but he was sure Friday and then kind of tripped over his own digestion and couldn't.  BTDT myself, so--  Off to the shower with me.

     It's 21 degrees F out there, which is positively balmy by recent standards, and the online weather tells me there's a "Giant Asteroid Headed Our Way."  What?  "Light snow and a 30 percent chance of an extinction-level event?"  Gee, thanks.  ("Projected to miss the Earth by 300,000 miles." Okay, then.  I guess.) 

2 comments:

Charles Lee Scudder said...

0400, you mean halfway through my shift?

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Are they talking about 2003 QQ47, which had a "miniscule" chance of hitting us in March 2014?

If so, they should be ashamed of themselves: Asteroid 2003 QQ47's Potential Earth Impact in 2014 Ruled Out. Dated 9/3/2003.