Monday, January 06, 2014

"Soup Of A Monday, Beautiful Soup!"

     (Is that the Mock-Turtle singing?)  If I was Brigid, I'd serve this up with hot, crusty French bread.  I'm not and I won't chance a walk to the store, so peppery crackers and some thick corn chips will do:
     I made plenty.

     This is vegetables (potato, onion, turnip and carrot) from last night's corned beef pot, plus a wedge of cabbage, all of them cut down to soup size, in broth from both in a ratio of 3 or 4 to 1, corned beef to cabbage.  I added a can of commercial French vegetable soup, a browned/drained Surry sausage in slices, and cubes of (some of) the corned beef. Some of the corned beef spices are still floating around in there, but even the peppercorns have been broken to harness by now.

It's heaven in a bowl, is what it is, and it should be even better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Home on the Range said...

I thought my cornmeal crust pizza with bacon looked good, but the leftovers are now hiding in the closet in shame.

I'm glad you have light and power to cook by. It looks very warming.

cheers.