Sunday, February 21, 2010

February BlogMeet

A grand time! New faces! Details and links to follow....Okay, who do we have here? Clockwise from front left:
Caffeinated Guy, shown in close-up at left. (it's a link) See what comes of revolver shooting?
Shootin' Buddy (blogless. He won't do your taxes, either. Bummer).
Old Grouch
Joanna
Hagbard Celine (who updated his blog to get a link. I'm so mean).
Shermlock Shomes
Nathan!
The Jack (winner of the "new guy" award, a magnifying turtle. No, really).
Tam
The space occupied by Roberta X (note tactikewt cammo purse -- digicam kawaii?)
PA State Cop, winner of the Cup of Turonistan (a small penknife) Anybody who posts a link to a bio of Jack Churchill is worth reading!

Much talk of music, guns, politics, shooting, guns, motorized vehicles of all sorts, injuries, The Scourge Of The Hooved Rat, what guns are good for 'em, and so on. Enjoyed fine Japanese/Korean cuisine. Talked more. Old Grouch and I both got green-tea mochi and shared with neighbors: it's addictively good!

So, we're left with three questions: where/when shall we have the next Indy BlogMeet? (21 March, the Indy 1500 Gun Show weekend?) -- And will you be there?

15 comments:

pdb said...

I say, who is that fairskinned gent in the green sweater with that fantastic mustache? Surely he is a Dapper Dan man?

Roberta X said...

I do not know, sir -- it is (in the very best theatrical tradition) someone who I have never seen before!

Home on the Range said...

I'm sorry I missed meeting the new faces, work was, let's just say, a little uh stressed this week, and I came home late and crashed.

On the plus side I got one of those cool little notebooks like you and Tam have so I could actually blog from the road. (hotels just have so much to do in the evening) It's not the same model, probably a cheaper version but it's nice.

og said...

Gunshow weekend would be good for me.

Frank W. James said...

Re: March 21. Well, I guess it's going to be awhile for me then. Feral swine expedition planned for that time period and hopefully corn planting and farming for the next two months after.

Catch ya when I can...

All The Best,
Frank W. James

Don said...

If there's any possible way for me to make the next one, I'll be there. Otherwise, I'll plan for April. I'm really looking forward to meeting you and all the characters who check in here.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

I'd be inclined to vote for funshow weekend. I have this sneaking suspicion that I've missed putting a certain 5-year-old's birthday party on the calendar for that day, though. I'll have to consult my social secretary and get back with you :)

wv: hedions. Hedonistic hellions?

Anonymous said...

"Surely he is a Dapper Dan man?"

Oddly I was thrown out of a Woolworth last weekend.

Shootin' Buddy

Old Grouch said...

"http://pennsylvaniarifles.blogspot.com/" ?

-----

21st would be chancy, as I may be (coming back from) o.t. trip that day.

28th best, 14th 2nd choice.

Old Grouch said...

Pls disregard line "?" in above...

Duh, not awake yet.

Caleb said...

Well, in a perfect world I won't be able to make it on the 21st because I'll be on the Left Coast filming for a reality TV show. But if I don't make the grade, then I'll definitely be there!

Mike W. said...

Could Caleb possibly look any more creepy in that pic? :)

I'd love to make it out to one of these. Shame it's so far away.

The Jack said...

Oppsie.

Sorry about that.

Here's my blog.
http://fivetensfourtens.blogspot.com/

Had a great time. And yes I did get a turtle.

I'd be open to the 21st.

Hagbard Celine said...

I finally put a post up. I think I just need to get into the habit. It seems all these academic folks have blogs these days.

Roberta X said...

Shootin' Buddy, was it all of the Wollsworth's, or just the one?