Saturday, April 10, 2010

Good Morning

With Tam off to shoot machine guns -- or at least watch, given that the sound they make is "$$$$$..." -- I had better post something just to prove I'm here.

Checking my pocket notebook for funny notes; last one was the strong-base joke that caused a small reaction. (Neutralized with some vinegar, only lost a couple of pages).

Did find one that I may have used already, Actual Words from a State legislator on a proposed smoking ban: "I'm against it. I don't want to tell the men and women who died for this country that they can't smoke in their VFW Hall!" Umm, zombie veterans, sir? (Look, I am okay with goin' for high-flown rhetoric to make your point, but...).

7 comments:

Alan said...

I say let the zombies smoke. Not like they're gonna die from it. They have enough trouble as it is what with that whole decaying body parts thing.

Besides you don't want to deal with a zombie having a nic fit.

Old Grouch said...

Ranks right up there with "Where do they bury the survivors?"


TW: "Bledin" Manufacturer of the new dyslexic-mode FO that delivers the bits out of sequence.

Borepatch said...

OT, but may be interesting anyway: Math limericks.

Frank W. James said...

You have created perhaps the most perfect description of Knob Creek; the sound of machine guns being "...$$$$$$$..."

Probably the least practical firearm a civilian can own when you really, really think about it. (I know because I'm a former BIG TIME machine gun owner.)

But I firmly every shooter should go at least once to the event.

All The Best,
Frank W. James

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Zombie veterans are actually a bit of a problem...

Drang said...

I was telling an acquaintance once that I'd like to own, well, nevermind what, and he asked what I'd do with it.

"Rent it to other guys by the round..."

Phssthpok said...

Zombie Veterans?

Who better to fight the zombie Nazi's?

(http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Snow-NON-USA-FORMAT-Reg-2/dp/B002PTTL22/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1271015309&sr=1-3)

Amazingly enough, it's actually a pretty good movie. ;)