Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Angle On The Indianapolis Tea Party Rally

I couldn't be there; I had to work. ...But I could see it from where I was working:
[click to embiggen]
The event is on the far side of the Statehouse from where I am, so you're only seeing the edges of the crowd, about a city block long and the width of a wide street plus sidewalks wide. Look closely to pick up the scale, as the government office building on the far side of the Capitol is unaffectionately known as the Albert Speer Building: it is not built to human scale.

Dadrat it, I missed Bill Whittle. Maybe next time.

3 comments:

red said...

Great view! Are you going to the march tomorrow?

Roberta X said...

Hoping to!

Chas S. Clifton said...

Y'know, that building does have a sort of Speer-esque look to it.

Architecturally, Brutalism is Brutalism, regardless of the locale.