Saturday, December 08, 2007

Yeah, Yeah, Whatever

It's another of those darn tests. Yeppers, jean-ee-yus level. I'd do the happy dance if I could break 150:
Free IQ Test Score
Free-IQTest.net - Free I.Q. Test Online

(Watch the fine print on this thing -- they ask for a lot of info you don't need to give them).

Link found at The Expert Witness. Thanks, JPG!

I've commented on these things before but in case you missed it, all they test is your skill at taking tests!

--But wait, there's more! That "genius" tag? It's meaningless, at least in the sense that most people think of "genius." Nils Bohr, Bowie, Salvador Dali or Raymond Scott, those folks are geniuses, no matter what they score on some test. People who manage to get IQ test scores that plot pretty far over to the right on the bell-shaped curve of test results are probably better at solving crossword puzzles than Joe Average in the middle -- but they're still not that much more likely to write Space Oddity or paint "The Madonna of Port Lligat." Sorr-eee. Maybe next life I can invent transdimensional spacewarps. Or you can, if you've got the time.

I'm still workin' on remembering to use the spellchecker.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got a 136. I blame the bad brown acid at Woodstock.

Roberta X said...

Breda blames beer! (And proves it).

I'm pretty sure this one's timed. I'm also starting to suspect that the more clicks it takes you to decide to drop out of the mess of ads at the end, the more they downrate your score.

Dr. StrangeGun said...

148... and I blame systemic sleep deprivation.

Dr. StrangeGun said...

On a whim, retook... 159.

I don't think it's very accurate...