Saturday, April 05, 2008

Tag!

Or maybe Der Tag, a term the use of which Tam assures me will magnetimagically snarf up all the whackjobs of a certain bent. (One is reminded of Rowan Atkinson as the Devil welcoming new arrivals to Hell: "...The French -- are the French here? Good, good. And are the neo-N--" Well, he doesn't say that, he's British and looking to history; but I'm sure they'd be there too, probably grouped with the lawyers.

Where was I? Oh, yes, the tag! That.

Less tagged me with this:
1. Write your own six word memoire.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want.
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4. Tag at least five more blogs with links.
5. Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play....

Okay:
1. Hyperactive radiowoman shoots, writes, vexes ijits.

2. Here. (Not sure what blood oranges, hot sauce, a cellphone and an Elizabeth Moon novel have to do with it but hey, "vivid" I got),

3. A) See above, B) Farthest-back link I can find is here.

4. Tam (her second), Carteach0, BobG, Phlegmmie, Earth-Bound Misfit.

5. As time permits.

12 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

eep! I'm destined to do this meme, as I've been doubly-tagged. I'll let it marinate and see what filters out. 6 words? It's bound to be embarrassingly self-effacing or self-apotheistic. Or could I manage both in 6 words? Well, I'm damned.

Your 6 words fit you, indeed.

LOVED the Rowan clip, which I had shockingly never seen before. A wit like that renders him among the most fetching of men. MEOW!

breda said...

at an interesting collection of items in that photo! =)

Roberta X said...

Coinpurse, one last peppermint Life Savers, earplugs, Florence King and P. J. O'Rourke books, black 10-32 rack screw, powder brush, staples, printed-out receipe, more staples, bottom of hairspray (?) can, hand lotion, prescription that is prolly Vicodin that I won't take or high-test Ibuprophen that I can't take, book, bluetooth, phone, Cholula, something greeeen (parsley or chives) from the breakfast hash that preceded the oranges, Pocketlite .380 in Uncle Mike's holster, dessert and utensils, shabby-chic table I received as a gift. What? Unusual? ;) Really ought to be a BNC barrel connector there, too; there usually is.

Rowan Atkinson is a genius. His "Bean" work is not to my taste (I was too klutzy for too many years!) but OMG, his stand-up and the "Blackwater" series...! I knew someone who knew him slightly, both race cars in the same series in the UK, and what you see? That's pretty much him. All the time.

Comrade Misfit said...

Roger the tag, I'll do it!

Turk Turon said...

If you like Rowan Atkinson you might like to see "The Tall Guy" with Jeff Goldblum and Emma Thompson.

Anonymous said...

Radiowoman????

Roberta X said...

Yep, Mark. Oh, I was torn between that and "motorcyclist," but I've held a ham ticket off and on since I was very young, while I've only ridden for a few years (wanted to but lacked confidence and the means).

I make my living herdin' electrons an' wieldin' a soldering iron -- don't blame me that they changed the name of the trade when they added pictures! :)

Turk: do tell?

Turk Turon said...

"The Tall Guy" gets five Golden Turons for comedy. Goldblum and Thompson have the second-funniest love scene in cinema. (The funniest, of course, is Maria Bello and William H. Macy (!) in "The Cooler".)
Right now I'm watching "Buckaroo Banzai Across The Eighth Dimension" with Peter Weller, Jeff Goldblum, John Lithgow, Christopher Lloyd and Ellen Barkin (at the zenith of her allure!). This is one odd movie! Everyone has heard, "Wherever you go, there you are." But for me, the best line so far: "Use more honey! Find out what she knows!" If I had a nickel for every time I've said that ...

phlegmfatale said...

Uh, didn't see a film with that, but that's an incredible line, and--if I'm honest-- I'm feeling a little cross-eyed right now.

Turk Turon said...

Well, it could have been, "Use more! Honey, find out what she knows." but I don't think so.

Hmmm ... "Hyperactive radiowoman" or:
"Radioactive Hyperwoman!"

YES! But what is her superpower? Something to do with the bangs, perhaps.

Roberta X said...

They glow in the dark with the Sweet Light Of Reason? ;)

Turk Turon said...

Phlegmmy:
How about, "Use more chocolate! Find out what she knows!"

Roberta:
That's just what I was going to say.