Saturday, April 26, 2008

Working and Riding

Working today, thanks to some ongoing super-duper sekrit skunk-workery. Working the next several Saturdays, in fact, primary election week excluded. This is how we can know It Is Important. It's also a nice supplement to my income.

I'll still have a two-day weekend this time 'round thanks to our arcane vacation year. The "year" runs from the first of May to the last of April (something about a 500-mile race of some sort; used to be, none of us Skunk Workers could take any time off in May, ever) and I have about a day left to use up or lose, so it's, "Goodbye blue Monday!" ...After that, the six-day-week grind settles in. Oh well, every other Friday they hand me a nice chunk o'change for it.


I was able to ride every day this week, but got spooked by the forecast Wednesday and drove instead. Nice weather all day, of course. Then lit out for the department store (I was out of Lancome Dual-Finish Powder, which my skin loves) that evening on two wheels just in time to return home in a pouring rain. ...It turns out windscreens are not the best idea when it's raining solid sheets of water, by the way. Now I know!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get to poke at the carb on the scooter yet? just curious if the carb cleaner did the job.

breda said...

beauty tips from Roberta! woot!

Roberta X said...

Anon, we have not, but I did buy some Sea Foam. Today, a dollop for the Manco Matrex, and perhaps just a bit fr my Chetak, as well

Breda, I'm not sure if sharing that $37.50-a-compact pressed powder doesn't make my skin break out counts as a beauty tip. It's really nice and Mat Rose Claire II is a good match to mt peaches'n'sunburn complexion.

breda said...

Roberta, I'll take all the help I can get. And what does "dual finish" mean, exactly?

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, the downside to short windscreens. They usually push the rain UP into your face. That's always fun when you're wearing an open-faced helmet.

Formerflyer

Ride Fast said...

Short windscreens are intended to build upper body strength and deflect bugs into your helmet, unless you scrunch down on the tank then everything goes down your back!

Roberta X said...

Ah, but my scooter has a tall windscreen, which went opaque with rain rather quickly. If I'm going to ride in the rain, I may need to gin up wiper blades.

"Dual-Finsh:" I knew what it meant once. Oh, yes: you can apply it as powder or get an opaque look by using a dampened applicator sponge, which is supplied. The latter looks just like heavy foundation; I'm sure some women (and Dick Clarke) can make the look work. Me, not so much.

breda said...

Ah, the cakey powder look. No thanks. I've been using those new fangled mineral powder foundations and really like them.