Monday, March 24, 2014

So, Monday, Huh?

     I should post something but I have, in fact, been looking at and  listening to a documentary about Richard P. Feynman and I was so taken by his lecture style -- Feynman as a 30ish professor is a kind of Borscht Belt Bob Hope with an innate grasp of physics -- that I plain lost track of time.

     So, me this morning you don't get so much of but the link takes you to over an hour and a half of Feynman, much of it in his own words.  It's a fair trade:
 "There are two kinds of geniuses: the 'ordinary' and the 'magicians'. An ordinary genius is a fellow whom you and I would be just as good as, if we were only many times better. There is no mystery as to how his mind works. Once we understand what they've done, we feel certain that we, too, could have done it. It is different with the magicians. Even after we understand what they have done it is completely dark. Richard Feynman is a magician of the highest calibre." - Mark Kac

2 comments:

Opinionated Grump (Rich in NC) said...

two hours... [wikidetours included] to get from one end of Feynman to the other.... thanks loads.

Rich in NC

batchainpuller said...

Thanks for the connects