Saturday, September 06, 2014

One Dozen Eggs, Parts 11 and 12

     Two eggs, a little bacon, the remaining tiny hickory-smoked sausage, onion, tomato, crunched-up blue corn chips, a little hot-pickled cauliflower, carrot, pepperoncini and olives stuffed with provolene and a large Poblano pepper, topped with mild salsa:
     Nice mix. I could have used another couple of eggs and bits of a regular tortilla.

     The only tricks are to not overcook the corn chips and especially not the Poblano.  They should be the last ingredients in except for the eggs: fry bacon, remove, fry diced onion and sausage (also diced), drain, add tomatoes, cook, add the hot stuff (or not), cook awhile, add chips, stir a bit and see what you think, add Poblano, stir once, turn up the heat, push all the stuff to the sides of the wok and scramble in the eggs.  Crumble bacon back in right after you turn off the burner.  Need I remind readers that more than one of the little Italian hot peppers will make the steam "interesting" to inhale as it cooks?
    

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm content. Let me know when you want more.

Kerry

BGMiller said...

Mmmmmmmm......

Whenever I do breakfast like this I'll warm up a couple of tortillas, whole wheat or sun dried tomato for preference, and use them as my spoon.

So what will the next series be?

BGM

Roberta X said...

Interesting question. Tam bought some lamb bacon....

BGMiller said...

Y'know....

In all the time I've spent mucking about with other folk's canapes and over done done steaks I don't think I've ever tasted lamb bacon.

I eagerly await your experience.

BGM