Saturday, September 06, 2014

Tam And Bobbi At Roseholme Cottage

     Tam's night when I'm on the early-early shift:

"0115-0430 Dozing
"0430-0500 Take out trash, see Bobbi off to work
"0500-0600 Dozing with TV on
"0600-0620 Cat feeding routine
"0620-0900 Dozing with TV on and intermittent 'wake up and fiddle with iPad' moments
"It's most of a night's sleep, sewn up from pieces and parts."

     Guilty I feel.  Work the hours, I must.   Sleep, I just sleep all afternoon and evening, hoping not to wake too early or too late.  It's past my bedtime now.  Laters!

5 comments:

B said...

So glad to see you back.

Glad you didn't let him win.

B

jefferson101 said...

BTDT, and done a lot of strange hours. Work a 0300 to 1530 shift for a few months and see what it does to everyone you live with.

My wife, the dog, and the cats were all acting quite strangely by the time that one stopped.

It paid really good, though, while it lasted. And it was my own fault for offering to do it.

Old NFO said...

Yep, odd hours give ODD results to one's life... Next week, 0200, 0300, 0800, 1000, 0600 start times... sigh

Monty James said...

"Guilty I feel.  Work the hours, I must."

Yodaisms remind me of this: Young I was

jdunmyer said...

Apparently, your hours aren't fixed; that's a bummer. Personally, I kinda preferred working midnight shift over even days, and ESPECIALLY over afternoon shift.

My method of coping was to turn my day upside-down, staying up after work until about 2:00 PM, sleeping until 10:00, then leaving for work. It "mostly" worked, but there is no doubt that Man/Woman is meant to sleep at night.