Friday, December 19, 2008

Musical Geekery/Geekical Musery

How'd I miss these wonderful loonies? A YouTube Video about a very kewl "touch-screen" type interface led me to the sound stylings of The Evolution Control Committee. Check out "undefined," #14 in the block of MP3s at the top of the page (or "Oates & Baloney," "Stairway to Brittany" and other mash-ups), then scroll down to "Pwn Monkey." Bent? Unh, yeah. (There's odder: Beatles sans beat, " ome to ether." I'm skeered, Pa!)

A little less-bent, and what had me on YouTube in the first place, was that Og needs a W.C. seat that plays this (ignore cutesy user-added into, unless you're a big fan of Weird Science):

(This was my pick first time I heard the album). Turns out Thomas Dolby never really went away -- among other things, he's been making your phones ring for years! Has his own blog, too. 80s geek makes good. It's nice to see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. Now that's the Roberta I suspect is there just below the surface, that nobody sees. Nicely done.

Any halfmoon rest that I used that had some electronic device therin would be destroyed posthaste, but an amusingh thought nonetheless

phlegmfatale said...

THis was always one of my favorite TD songs.