Thursday, September 12, 2013

Weather: Broken?

     They're sayin' a low of 52 tonight.  It's about time -- I have been babying the undersized air-conditioning, which doesn't shut off during the day and has been teetering at the ragged edge of freezing up.  I've been shutting down the cooling at bedtime and going as long as I can in the morning before turning it back on.  There's still plenty of cold water draining after seven hours, and we don't keep the place very cool.

     While it is amazing the difference a small fan can make in one's personal comfort,* it's time for a change.  Even with the prospect of rain and storms, a coolish weekend sounds quite appealing.
_______________________________
* Interestingly, I have to be a little careful where the air hits.  A brisk breeze across my left cheek tends to trigger pain.  High-larious.

5 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Breaking weather will be gladly appreciated at a certain cube-shaped, window-lacking, un-air-conditioned building downtown. I was down there yesterday and whoo doggie was it hot.

Dave in Indiana said...

"A brisk breeze across my left cheek tends to trigger pain."

No Pants?

Roberta X said...

Buccal, dear, not buttal. Just a wee touch of the old trigeminal neuralgia.

Cincinnatus said...

I think we are holding your rain for you out here in Colorado. Where should we deliver it or would you like to come pick it up?

Roberta X said...

Oh, you can keep it. Remember the rule: you can keep properly-addressed unsolicited gifts that are mailed to you.