Thursday, September 09, 2010

Use What For A Which?

I couldn't help it. I giggled so hard I almost fell down.

Tam and I were headed into $LARGE_CHAIN_STORE and I glanced at the wall in the vestibule and there was this...sign. A helpful sign. It said:

PLEASE USE UMBRELLA BAG
FOR CONVENIENCE

Somehow I read it as the euphemism, "Convenience," and for one tiny moment, all I could think was, Why? Is the plumbing stopped up again? Ew! It was straight downhill from there. Poor Tam had no idea what was going on; I had just started chortling for no obvious reason. It was a good thirty seconds or more before I was able to explain.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Considering the state of peoples' manners these days...

Jim

Mr.Wolf said...

There is an old English joke which may not have made it across the pond.

A drunk wanders into a party at a strange house, stays for a while, wanders out.

In the morning, realises he dropped his wallet while using their lavatory.

Tries to retrace his steps, finds the street, THINKS he finds the right house, but decides to check before mentioning his wallet. Rings doorbell, asks woman if this is the house with the shiny brass lavatory.

Woman stares at him for a moment, then shouts over her shoulder. 'Charles! Here's the bastard who peed in your saxaphone!'

Best wishes.

Tam said...

I was walking along, minding my own business, when suddenly and for reasons completely unknown to me, my roommate completely Lost. Her. $#!+. right there in Target. All I could do was stand there and think "Huh. So this is what "nonplussed" feels like."

homebru said...

This illustration of the way your mind works? A large part of why you are on my "read daily" list.

Anonymous said...

Ranks up there with our local fast
food place with the sign:
"for your convenience
shirt and shoes must be worn."

(haven't tried going in w/new clothing)