Sunday, July 03, 2011

Breakfast Sunday, -- No, Lunch

Sliced mettwurst (the uncooked kind, that is; there are at least three sorts all claiming the name) fried up with diced potatoes, onions and scrambled eggs; a couple of carrots for night vision* and fresh sweet marjoram from Tam's herb garden to point it up: Yum!
There may be better mild sausage than mettwurst but I doubt it. Between the sausage and the marjoram, this needed no additional seasoning -- I did cheat, and used three strips of streaky bacon for starters. They're crumbled back in at the finish.
____________________________________
* Only not quite. Hey, didja know they grow purple carrots in the Far East? Want!

5 comments:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

What are you cooking that on? A big ol' stovetop griddle?

Roberta X said...

A wok! If I could only have one cooking pot, that would be it.

LabRat said...

Although I've not had the good fortune to try mettwurst, I have had the purple carrots. They're interesting- far more intensely sweet than what we're used to.

Ruth said...

You can get seeds for purple carrots online, they're one of the things I'm debating trying to grow next year.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if they are available there, but here in Texas we have maroon cotton, maroon potatoes and maroon carrots, courtesy of the Aggies.