Saturday, September 10, 2011

Irony: I Still Haz It

...So, I spent two three hours* helping collect donations -- and, mostly, passing out T-shirts to the donors -- to help pay for the Indianapolis 9/11 memorial. What did I learn?

1. The people stopping by felt really, really good about having a way to pitch in. A few mentioned having had a friend or relative directly affected by the attacks on the World Trade Center towers or the Pentagon. So that was pretty kewl.

2. I darned near did in my back and neck. Been stiff and hurting all day today. Thought I was in better shape than that.
__________________________________________
* My department, in which several members had been skeptical or made jokes about the effort, showed up on time and in force. Our replacements....not so much. So we stayed over. Hey, the individual who organized it worked the entire event, well over 13 hours.

1 comment:

Old Grouch said...

"My department, in which several members had been skeptical or made jokes about the effort, showed up on time and in force. Our replacements....not so much. So we stayed over."

Interesting the way that the people whose work keeps the wheels turning and the lights on tend to do that. Good on ya.