Friday, October 28, 2011

Clean Them Filters!

...Just dug several messages out of the spamtrap, including a very interesting one about vitamins from Bob R and one from a guy who'd been looking for With the Night Mail and was pleased to find it here. Knew I was good for something.

Speaking of reading -- and maybe filtering -- books I've read recently include Rogue, Mike Williamson's latest and possibly best so far (I still think he's my generation's H. Beam Piper), Scalzi's Android's Dream (excellent!), Terry Pratchett's Snuff (the title refers to the tobacco product -- mostly. It's a nice visit to some parts of the Discworld very much in need of Sam Vimes, which they get and how!) and some other odds and ends. The latter includes the collected Eisner/Wood/Fieffer space adventure arc for The Sprit (Outer Space Spirit), which is fine stuff but sadly did not include a WWII-Germans-on-the-Moon storyline I'd seen in a "coming next" bit in an old reprint. Most of the art is from Wally Wood, fine indeed but not quite Will Eisner. Present reading is odd indeed; will report when done. (Books? Use Tam's Amazon link if you'd like to buy them, I'm hopin' she'll restock the fridge from her commission.)

2 comments:

russell1200 said...

Crivens! Spiken o de Deesk wold, me leetle lad..... (just turned 8)and I have just finished reading We Free Men, which I gather is set within that world/place. He thought it was hilarious.

Roberta X said...

It is, it's wonderful and -- crivens! -- there are three more: Hat Full Of Sky, Wintersmith and I Shall Wear Midnight.