Sunday, November 18, 2012

It's How You Say Archer In French

     ...Or perhaps the other way around.  The two 21st-Century OSS 117 films, that is, of which I've seen about 2/3 of the most recent.  It's a note-perfect '60s spy flick -- and a very funny parody thereof, even reading subtitles.  Best bit so far?  Possibly the CIA agent who speaks French with a dreadfully accurate American accent.

     I was hoping to find the older, serious films on Amazon, settled for the spoof instead.  Truly, he and Archer are long-lost brothers.

4 comments:

Carteach said...

Kewl..... a movie to watch as I cook this morning. Thank you! Fits my mood perfectly.

Roberta X said...

I predict you will like the Mossad agent. :)

NAVIGATOR said...

ROBERTA

YOU MIGHT LIKE " THE THIRD MAN " AS AN
OLDER AND MORE SERIOUS FILM IN BEAUTIFUL
BLACK AND WHITE DAVID LEAN DIRECTED
ORSEN WELLES AND JOSEPH COTTEN POST VE- DAY BACKGROUNDS PRE MARSHALL PLAN
HAUNTING ZITHER MUSIC OUTSTANDING
WATCH OUT FOR WELLES KOO-KOO CLOCK SPEECH ALSO CHECK OUT THE ORDNANCE
AND OLD VEHICLES

Sean D Sorrentino said...

I just watched Cairo, Nest of Spies. My wife is humor impaired. She didn't think it was as funny as I thought it was.