Thursday, June 18, 2009

BlogMeet/BlogShoot

The June BlogMeet Approacheth! Sunday, the 21st at 3:00 pm, Broad Ripple Brew Pub!

BlogShoot Update:
Frequent commenter Sam tells me Eagle Creek will be having a Glock competition this weekend, so, no shootage for us there.

We do have other options -- the indoor range at Wyatt's Guns is one of the closer ones. I have not been there since they rebuilt the store and added their seven-lane range. It looks gorgeous! (About 25 miles from Broad Ripple, in Cicero, IN)

There's also Pop Guns, with a nice six-lane range; weekends are extraordinarily busy times for them and it's best to be at the door when they open.

Further afield, DNR's Atterbury Range is said to be one of the Seven Wonders; but it's a healthy drive, 45 miles. The up side is, it's one of the closest public ranges set up for high-power rifles.

Any suggestions?

There will be a BlogShoot that morning at Eagle Creek Park Pistol Range. (This could subject to change, as the Indy Metro Police Department has first call on the range. I will post updates). The range opens at 10:00 a.m. and the BlogShoot has no set time: get there when you feel like, shoot as long as you want! Tam promises to haul me out the door by main force so we'll arrive at opening time.

13 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Bang bang?

Bang bang! :)

Joanna said...

Whooooooo shooty shooty shooty.

Frank W. James said...

Regrets! I'm on the Left Coast.

All The Best,
Frank W. James

sam said...

Sorry, m'dear, but according to Eagle Creek's website, they are closed June 20 & 21 to host a Glock Shooting Sports Federation Match.

But hey, maybe the cats will let you sleep in!

Anonymous said...

Oh, double damn!

I had tentatively agreed to help R.O. for that match, too, and have apparently suffered Epic Calendar Fail... :(

-Tam (posting remotely)

Joanna said...

No shooty? Sad ... Must investigate options.

Mad Saint Jack said...

I assume these other ranges run on an pay by the hour basis???

Roberta X said...

Pretty much, darn it. Atterbury's fairly reasonable, though, and Wyatt's and Pop Guns are not far behind.

Roberta X said...

Wyatt's hasn't got their rates up. I can give 'em a call tomorrow and find out.

Pop Guns is $19/hr for non-members, $6 for members +$5 for one guest, so Tam and I could each have one guest. (Yes, their rates are high if you don't sign up, and they still have non-members lined up on weekends. Conversely, range rates for members are very low on weekdays).

Atterbury is $7 for the first hour, $5 per after that. $25 for an all-day pass. It is a long haul and I'd suggest car-pooling.

--I totally spaced the Glock shoot. >blush<

Mad Saint Jack said...

Looks like Popguns will let 3 people in a lane.

It could be worth asking if you could rotate guests in and out.

My math skills are weak, but if we had 10 non-member shooters would it be worth while pulling money together and buying someone else a membership?

Also, will Tam be stuck at the Glock match?
And can we crash the party if we issued everyone Glocks?

Roberta X said...

At $149 a year, that'd be $15/per each, so...if we had that many.

How's it lookin'?

Wayne said...

My vote goes for Atterbury, but I also live on the south side.
Plus I just prefer it over any indoor range.

Mad Saint Jack said...

Well, I'm down for whatever.

But if we are elbow to elbow at an indoor range I will bring less stuff. I'm sure someone in Indy will have a .45 for Breda to shoot (I can bring ammo). (She likes .45 revolvers too.)