Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hooray Team Me!

...My Indiana Lifetime License To Carry Handgun arrived today! Yayyyy! --About six weeks from applying, pretty good time considering.

The darned thing isn't even on cardstock, however, just pink paper, and (like my former one, though it was on the heavier stuff), you have to cut it out yourself. The page says "lamination recommended." Y'think?

My old LTCH expired about a week after I applied. In Indiana, on a renewal you're okay as long as you've got your application paperwork on your person; they figure you had a permit already and if you've been naughty since, they'll get around to you in due course. That means at the NRA BlogBash, I was carryin' with rather sketchier paperwork than most. I am confident LEOs in that border city are more-or-less cognizant of Indiana firearms laws -- and an NRA Annual Meeting would have been a pretty good place to find a gun-friendly lawyer or six if needed.

Hooboy, Lifetime Gun Permit! Why, I'm special -- just like every man, woman and Canadian immigrant in Vermont. And Alaska.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you notice, the size is not conducive to lamination and then walletizing.

My first act when I got mine, was to photocopy it, several times, unsigned, onto the same color paper (which is available at Kinkos) and several of those copies I made at 80% size, which make signing and laminating possible to fit in an ordinary wallet. Did I say me? No. SOme other guy I know does that.

Bonnie said...

Woo! :-D

Anonymous said...

I did the same for permanent record and did a 8&1/2 x 11 to hang on the wall just for fun.

Turk Turon said...

Congratulations!!

Here in Virginia our perpetual license law goes into effect on July 1 (or is it June 1?). Whatever. I just renewed last month, so it will be another four years and eleven months before I can get a lifetime license.

Rob K said...

That's a great idea, Og! I laminated mine, then trimmed the edges until it would slide into my wallet. What might work great, is scanning it and making a pdf or jpeg where it's repeated over and over, filling up a page.

We need to start pushing for Alaska rules carry here. I think we can get it within the decade.

phlegmfatale said...

WOOHOO!

breda said...

awesome!

Anonymous said...

The lads at Popguns will cut it slightly and laminate it for like 2 bucks or something. I had that done with mine so I can just tuck it in my wallet.