Sunday, May 04, 2008

Imaginary Playmates

I'd heard the story for years, about how Hillary Clinton supposedly tried reaching out to the ghosts of Eleanor Roosevelt and Mahatma Ghandi. Today I tried hunting down any kernel of truth to be found therein.

Imagine my relief to learn that "Hillary [was helped] to access an 'Eleanor Roosevelt-like consciousness' from within her own psyche (not 'from beyond'), from her own imagination."

Yeah, that's so much better.

I've done that sort of exercise myself, except I was "accessing the consciousness" of a nurse or an astronaut -- and I was seven years old at the time.

3 comments:

Turk Turon said...

I confess that I have used a medium to contact the ghost of Emma Goldman.

Roberta X said...

Wasn't she an atheist?

Turk Turon said...

I knew you were going to say that.