Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tamalanche!

Tam linked to my post linking to the website the Feral Lance[1] found yesterday, triggering a Tamalanche of impressive (900+ hits) proportions.

When one of these comes along, I find myself thinkin', Now's the time! I'll unleash some post filled with pithy observation an' trenchant wisdom, or at least prime jabberwocky an' verbosity worthy of the most erudite bloviatrices!

Somehow this never comes to pass. I never know when inspiration will strike; notes made in my Commonplace Book last for a few days at most before becoming grist for what passes for a mill[2] here on Telegraph Row.

Thanks for stoppin' by and my thanks to Tam for sendin' you. What y'see is what y'get. If you liked it, come back again.
____________________
1. Last, I am told, of the Skeptic Knights. I have my doubts.

2. A multiple reference -- not only the writerly mind as a ceaseless, insatiable mill, but likening my keyboard to the telegrapher's and radio op's typewriter, familiarly known as a "mill." Seeee?

3 comments:

Assrot said...

I've been reading your blog for a month or better now and I believe your thoughts and writing are every bit as good as Tam's.

She's got you trumped when it comes to firearms but other than that I enjoy both blogs about the same.

You both have interesting and somewhat unique perspectives on life and the world we live in. You are both on my "Must Read" list.

Keep on writing my dear. I think you probably have more readers than you realize.

Joe

P.S. - Rock stars like Tam are great but you get tired of them now and then and just want to hear from plain old ordinary (maybe slightly extraordinary) folks like yourself.

Anonymous said...

"bloviatrices"

Bloviatrix?

Sudden vision of the uniform of a bloviatrix - ratty housecoat, fuzzy slippers, glasses, a class of red wine or a cup of coffee depending on the hour, and hungry cat circling the ankles.

Signature line: " Don't make me come over there and comment on that!"

Drang said...

When one of these comes along, I find myself thinkin', Now's the time! I'll unleash some post filled with pithy observation an' trenchant wisdom, or at least prime jabberwocky an' verbosity worthy of the most erudite bloviatrices!
Gee, and there I thought it was just me...