Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Why Oh Why

Why is it, in this day and age of everyone having a high-zoot camera in their phone and a superduper monitor on their computer, that I cannot find a simple screensaver of spinning/tumbling laundry?

Wash or dry, either one will do.

(This was prompted by an appliance-store ad on TV that showed row upon row of every kind of appliance-with-glass: microwaves, TVs, washers, monitors, dryers, which made me realize the high-definition dryer door was well overdue; and if it is, the opposite -- a monitor that pretends to be a dryer -- is even more so.)

7 comments:

Keads said...

Superduper monitor? I'm still running a 19" CRT here!

mikelaforge said...

Ooh,ooh me too!

mikelaforge said...

This one work?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12g9AV1y6U0

Roberta X said...

Mike, almost; ideally, a high-def shot from so close that all you see is the laundry. Or something cooking in a microwave: "That's no computer, that's my lunch!"

Jake (formerly Riposte3) said...

I'm waiting for a high-definition window. I mean, they've been showing off transparent computer monitors at CES for the last couple of years already, when are we going to see them in real world applications?

Jake (formerly Riposte3) said...

And, since I forgot to add the link like I planned, here it is.

Anonymous said...

Mom tells me that, when I was about 1 year old, thew dryer window was my favorite "TV program", that I'd sit in front of it and laugh my head off the entire time.

It's weird--I would've expected a spinning laundry screensaver by this time, too.

Antibubba