Sunday, May 30, 2010

I Work On A Starship: New Content!

Back to the main narrative at last, with a revised and expanded Chapter 1. We join our intrepid young heroine as she departs Lupine for the rugged pioneer city of Aberstwyth Port, on the former Far Edge planet, Frothup:

...[A]s soon as the squirt-booster is clear of the ship and the 'Drive field, it drops just like a rock, heat-shield end first. The feeling is precisely one of being in a vehicle that is pushed off a cliff, which is pretty much what just happened.

Continued on the far side of the linked text!

8 comments:

George said...

Roberta ... there's an adjective frequently used in the (former) Great Britain that's totally appropriate for your writing.

Brilliant!

Thanks for the entertainment ... and imagination stimulus.

Regards.

Anonymous said...

Where can I find the blog from the beginning?

Roberta X said...

It starts here Anon, tagged "I Work On A Starship." The first complete yarn of any length is called "Another Day" and the individual postings have links back to the start. I'll see what I can find...

Roberta X said...

Another Day, Part One. Subsequent parts link from the previous ones.

The present arc follows it in story sequence, with a little bridge vignette in between.

Here's the oldest page of tagged postings, some with illustrations. As you can see, I really do work aboard a starship -- and on one, too.

Drang said...

So, when do you sign with Baen?

Roberta X said...

I hadn't even thought about it.

Wayne Conrad said...

The detail in your stories always astounds me. Clearly, you do work on a Starship. There's no way someone could make this up!

Roberta X said...

Thank you! In fact, I kind of do. :)