Sunday, May 30, 2010

Scoot Over, Flatt & Scruggs

Yeah, it doesn't look like a banjo but don't be fooled:

I'd pay money to hear her sit in on Foggy Mountain Breakdown.
But you've got to admit, you didn't expect this:

The banjo/lute thing is called a pipa. It's kewl.


Anonymous said...

Perhaps whomever has the crown that Led Zeppelin handed off to the Black Crowes could give this lady a call and see what happens...


Tim D said...

I tend to prefer a more classic sound, something like this.

Roberta X said...

Thank you for that link! Very nice -- and y0u could almost pass it off as Celtic. --Almost.

Anonymous said...

I could never understand the distinction between the pipa and the luiqin.

Dr. Yang and Sifu Chung would call the same thing pipa and luiquin.

I've always been an nanhu (aka, the erhu in the North) fan. Very deep, mournful or mediative instrument.

Shootin' Buddy

Anonymous said...

Springtime in the South (Southern China) on the nanhu:

I'll have to bring down some CDs, Bobbi.

Shootin' Buddy

Roberta X said...