Friday, April 19, 2013

It Rained Last Night

     It was a heavy rain: there's over an inch of water in the basement at Roseholme Cottage.  Seems to be steady. 

     My first efforts with the portable sump pump brought to mind that I was one hose clamp short last time.  The improvised coat-hanger-wire clamp is slightly out of round and, yes, a jet of water sprays out from the tiny gap thus created.

     This is suboptimal.

     So you'll excuse me if I post (while eating breakfast) and run.  I've got to go try taping the thing up; my life will get a lot more complicated if the water gets any higher.

     In the meanwhile, you might want to pop some popcorn, sit back, and enjoy the dimwit bomber (suspect) hunt near Boston.  Gee, that was even quicker than I figured.  (And, look, Ma: no "gun nuts" or "crazed rightwingers" involved!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the terrorists came to the US in 2002 the media all get to scream "I blame George Bush!".

Gerry

Chuck Pergiel said...

" . . . suboptimal"

Ha!