Sunday, April 14, 2013

Zzzzzzz...gxnx?

     I slept for a bit over twelve hours and it felt good.  Woke semi-abruptly to Meet The Press, making approximately the noise spelled out above.

     This was the kind of sleep -- long, heavy and deep -- that one of the engineers I worked with back when I first started out referred to as "sleeping viciously," a sleep that refuses to let the sleeper go until he or she is truly rested.

     I'm up now-- planning on making home made corned beef hash.  With eggs on the side.  'Cos I can.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you,"My heart soars like a hawk"..Little Big Man

NAVIGATOR said...

WILL SEND YOU MY RECIPE WHICH I PASSED 1/C COOKING FOR MY PATROL WAY
BACK WHEN I WAS IN THE SCOUTS

Old NFO said...

Sleep is good, especially those long deep ones that truly re-energize ones self!

rickn8or said...

Meet the Press??

Ugh, what a revolting way to start the day!

Roberta X said...

Tsk, Rick, tsk, and here the host is the only Neanderthal working in the broadcast media, too. Have you no respect for downtrodden minorities?

Ian Argent said...

Viciously, or viscously?

Phssthpok said...

If you have the ability, i highly recommend stocking up on corned beef when it goes on seasonal sale around St. Patrick's day*, and pressure canning it for storage. You can have the real stuff year round** without taking up freezer space, and as an added benefit the 90 minutes of pressure cooking make it T.E.N.D.E.R.

*or corn your own..it's not that hard from what I hear.

**One pint jar makes three well-meated Reubens.