Sunday, August 09, 2009

All Aboarrrd!

Gee, these express trains to "Health Care Reform" sure do look like cattle cars....

It appears the White House has got big drug companies lined up to support their hazy plan to destroy health care as we know it.

The only bright spot in this development is that the hard-Left congresscritters who have been noisily pushing for this horror are squicked about any making nice with "profiteers" and are asserting that Congress isn't bound by any deals the Executive branch is making.

Soooo, PhRMA, how's that merchantilist dog-eat-doggery workin' for ya now? Time to throw another baby to the wolves?

Y'know, I used to think Ayn Rand's depiction of high-level looters in Atlas Shrugged was a little overwrought. Any more, I'm convinced she understated matters.

4 comments:

Joe Huffman said...

I used to think Ayn Rand was trying to be a prophet with Atlas Shrugged and was probably overstating things a little.

I'm in the middle of listening to New Deal or Raw Deal?: How FDR's Economic Legacy Has Damaged America on my long drives. I'm now of the opinion she had a much firmer basis for her vision of a future America than I realized. The Roosevelt administration tried very hard, and in a lot of ways succeeded, in implementing the nightmare scenario in Atlas Shrugged.

The book also further strengthens my resolve to never set foot in New Jersey again until I can buy tags or a varmint license for NJ politicians.

JohnMXL said...

I read somewhere that the transition from the last administration to the present administration was like going from "The Handmaid's Tale" to "1984". I'm thinking it's pretty close, but you have to throw in a bit of "Animal Farm" and "Atlas Shrugged" too.

What's next? "To Serve Man"?

Tango Juliet said...

Rand was right.

Roberta X said...

John MXL: Yes and no -- I don't see Condi Rice in a "Handmaid's Tale" kinda world. While the current edition of the Republican Party has much to answer for, the overt repression of women isn't anywhere on that list.