Saturday, August 01, 2009

See?

You've already seen it, but Linoge over at Walls Of The City has created a great graph showing population, firearms deaths, number of guns and the relationships of these numbers and guess what? When the law-abiding have them, more guns = less crime. --Criminals can always get and carry guns; restrictive firearms laws only hinder the law-abiding.

One thing I'd like to add to his graph is a histogram showing the year-by-year increase in states moving to shall-issue carry permits. I ran my own crude version and it shows rough correlation with changes in slope of the the death rate: with more legally-carried guns, the death rate slows. H'mm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew. You people are asking for a lot ;).

I will see what I can do about that... Will require two separate vertical axes, and I am worried that the graph might be getting a little too cluttered, but another line showing the total number of shall-issue states probably would not make that much more of a mess :).

Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

Ask and you shall receive...

Stranger said...

I'm glad someone else is also doing this. While I have a considerable Katrina caused mess to straighten out I have collected more than enough data over 41 years and 18 days to refute any gun control argument.

Want to know what effect the Sullivan law had? I have it, I just don't know what filing cabinet it is in.

But, as we wrote Colmer, Stennis, and Eastland 41 years ago next week, without exception, every gun control law has had the same effect on violent crime that a bucket full of gasoline has on a blazing camp fire.

Stranger