Friday, October 08, 2010

I Work On A Starship: Chapter Five At Last!

He yelled, I stopped. Sure, somebody barks out an order like that, my first impulse is to get my back up — and so's yours, probably. Nevertheless, I stopped and kept my mouth shut. Most of my working life and leisure time is spent in surroundings filled with ways to be killed or injured and when someone says "Stay put!" you stay put and survive to find out why later.

Read the rest in Chapter Five of "Frothup: Dropping In" at I Work On A Starship.

8 comments:

JC said...

More good stuff. Do you think you could have a "start at the beginning" sort of option? It would help me to turn others on to the great story you've got going.
Also, have you considered having yourself cloned? Lord knows the world needs more lovely, intelligent, literate, and creative engineers!

Drang said...

http://www.smashwords.com/
and
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226

Just sayin'.

Roberta X said...

My blushes!

Roberta X said...

JC, that's a god idea; in each arc, I try to leave a "to the beginning" link at the top each chapter, but I don't always remember.

I have added several links to various vingettes and story arcs at I Work In A Starship. You'll find them over on the right-hand side of the page.

Justthisguy said...

Whuh-Oh ! know who got Tuckerized!

Roberta X said...

There's two Tuckerizations in there -- and I threw readers a huge clue for the second.

Justthisguy said...

The cave man is un-mistakeable, too. He really needs to do some crap-blogging, though. You do remember his exploding toilet story, right?

Roberta X said...

Ssshh! ;)