Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dear Yahoo

Dear Mr. (or Ms.) Yahoo:

Thanks for the busy start page, filled with a summary of my e-mail, newsy links, weather and...opinion. Oh, gee: no thanks for the opinion section.

You're a smart, semi-hip ISP and able to provide tailored content, so why is it that I can either get Lefty opinion from you or none at all? Today's a typical morning and I see two slash pieces from The Nation (hard Left), one from HuffPo (ditto), one from RealClearPolitics (centrist to very slightly Right; they call it "ideological diversity" and it's not a bad goal) and one from The Christian Science Monitor (centrist, more-or-less). That would leave Yahoo, day after day after day, Left of center on average. And every single one of these sources takes a massive, invasive Federal, State and City government as a given.

This tracks closely with the same editorial stance that the legacy media are riding over the cliff. It might be time to review -- and to consider offering a wider array of choices under "opinion."

Yrs,
Roberta X

(Readers: Tam keeps tellin' me "the fix is in" for this Fall's election. Could be).

6 comments:

Shermlock Shomes said...

For sure the fix is in. And before I had at least consoled myself with the notion that with Obama as president we wouldn't have to listen to the "Amerikkka is too racist to vote in a black president." Now I figure the leftists and hate-mongers will look at the percentage of those who didn't vote for Obama and say, "Look! Amerikkka is X% racist!" Can't win.

phlegmfatale said...

I agree with Tam, but I hope we're wrong. I think Barry's going to bring in Chicago old-school-style politics and show those beltway punters how they really do it downtown.

Anonymous said...

"You're a smart, semi-hip ISP and able to provide tailored content, so why is it that I can either get Lefty opinion from you or none at all?"

First delete the Opinion module by selecting the "X" in the top right corner.

To modify your Yahoo content, first select "+ Add Content". It's located at the top of the page, just below the big red Yahoo.

From the list on the right select "News". Then select "Opinions and Editorials". Here you will be presented with several pages of editorial content that you may choose from, such as Michelle Malkin, Ann Coulter and Instapundit. "+ Add" the ones you want and skip the rest.

When your selections are complete, click on the "I'm Done" box. Voila!

Bob said...

It's the people that claim "the fix is in" that will guarantee such an outcome by discouraging people from getting out to vote. As Yogi Berra once angrily told a crybaby teammate, It ain't over 'til it's over! Give the American people a chance before declaring it over, they may surprise you yet.

Roberta X said...

Ahh, Timmeee, you'll never let me curse the default when there are options to light!

Bob, an excellent point, not to mention being the other reason I changed my vote: I'm deeply unhappy with Senator McCain but his Democrat opponent is majorly worse.

Shermlock: you just ask almost any editorial writer, us 'Murricans are too dang dumb to know from political philosophy; we just go with skin color. You betcha!

NotClauswitz said...

I fixed my Yahoo home page so it's free of that kind of crap. Instead I have Ann Coulter, NRO, LGF and Instapundet and Michelle Malkin. :-)
The Mainstream Propaganda and Poo-Churning Poopers are out.
I'm fixed already, neutered by gerrymander and Electoral Collegiate in CA, so I can only vote on the insanely ridiculous propositions to spend more billions on retarded things like a High-Speed Train from SF to LA. Trains are kewl and all, but not that one, the notion is RBB - retarded beyond belief.