Also, it's raining.
Laid there thinking, "Why even get out of bed?"
On the other hand:
● There's a BlogMeet coming up! This very weekend. Sunday, to be exact, 3:00 pm at Broad Ripple Brew Pub. With The Breda and Her Mike, no less! The Cup Of Turonistan will be awarded. (We finally found the cup, rolled under the couch, it had). Other amazing prizes will be given as well. Gotta be there to win!
● Speakin' of Turonistan: the Venerable Turk sent a huge box of the bestest mood-lifters I have encountered. Small, brightly colored, bagged, legal. An' some will be awarded with the Cup!
● The Associated-please-let-us-back-on-blogs Press has a recent poll that puts Mr. Obama and Mr. McCain neck and neck; it's just one of many, most of which show a ten-point or greater lead for the Senator from Chicago but it tracks with some of the reports that the Hopey-Changey campaign's own numbers are running closer than what we're seein'. Even HuffPo ran a thinkpiece. Not so much on the think but at least they tried. (There are several innocent reasons for poll results to be skewed; a lot of people will play to what they think pollsters want to hear and the Democrats traditionally do better in the demographics most likely to have time and inclination to answer nosey questions). Withal, please get out there and vote! McCain, Barr, somebody; just don't stay home and let your neighbor do it. He'll get it wrong. The future belongs to those who show up.
● The Indy 1500 is in town this weekend! Yayy!
● Tam, her shooty pal and I will be shooting in a bowlin' pin match this weekend, too. I'm thinking about trying the old .38 Super 1911 on 'em. Sights aren't much but hey, that matches my aim. ;) Where's my nail file and the flat white nail polish...?
All right, I'm awake. Now if only I can remember how to operate the shower...! No scooter today: rain, icky but no stopper. Fall leaves, pretty, not without danger but not a stopper. Add 'em up, it's a different thing. Wet leaves? Bzzt! No-Go. And I'll be enjoying not sliding, too.